The Life of a Design Icon

Image result for karl lagerfeld
Karl Lagerfeld a man who defined the luxury fashion industry at one point was named as the creative director for both Chanel and Fendi sadly passed away on 19th February. His style was instantly recognisable from his striking dark suits, pony-tailed white hair and sunglasses, the designer was before his time which contributed to making Chanel the power house it is today. Deemed one of the greatest designers of our time his legacy as a Icon and his Universal symbol of style will continue to influence fashion for decades to come. 
"The French say you get hungry when you are eating, and I get inspired when I am working. Its my engine" - Karl Lagerfeld
"Black and White always look modern, whatever that word means."
Image result for karl lagerfeld young
"I am like a caricature of myself, and I like that. It is like a mask. And for me the Carnival of Venice last all year long."
Karl Lagerfeld with his Memphis collection
 "Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life, so you bought some sweatpants.”
Karl Lagerfeld with his sketches
"Luxury bags make your life more pleasant, make you dream, give you confidence and shows your neighbours your doing well"
Karl Lagerfeld
"I'm not a marketing person. I don't ask myself questions. I go by instinct."
Image result for karl lagerfeld designs
"You cannot fight against it. There's a price you have to pay for fame, and people who don't want to pay that price can get in trouble. I accepted the idea of celebrity because of a French expression: 'You cannot have the butter and the money for the butter.'"
Karl Lagerfeld fits one of his designs on top model Ines de la Fressange at Chloe's Paris studio.
“I lost 200lb to wear suits by Hedi Slimane."
"Vanity is the healthiest thing in life."
"I have no Human feelings."
Image result for karl lagerfeld
"The iPod is genius. I have 300."
Image result for karl lagerfeld
"A respectable appearance is sufficient to make people more interested in your soul."
Image result for karl lagerfeld
"Elegance is an attitude" 
Image result for karl lagerfeld
"Dieting is the only game where you win when you lose"
image
"Trendy is the last stage before tacky."
Image result for karl lagerfeld
"I'm very much down to Earth, just not this Earth."
Related image
"Don't dress to kill, dress to survive"
German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel acknowledges the public at the end of his 2014 Spring/Summer ready-to-wear collection fashion show at the Grand Palais in Paris.
Rest in peace Karl Lagerfeld (1933-2019)

Lots of love,
Grace x

Disclaimer - None of the above photo's are my property 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig